New York Sidewalk Building Collapse Injury Attorney
The New York building collapse lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes has spent years helping the victims of property accidents recover the compensation they and their families are owed. We help building collapse victims secure compensation for their medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Our personal injury legal team has the skills and resources to build the strongest case for maximum compensation. We’ll fight for your right to recover against building owners, general contractors, property managers, landlords, large businesses, insurance companies, and any other parties who may be liable for your injuries.
If you or someone you care about was injured by the negligence or deliberate cost-cutting of a property owner or developer, attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes is ready to hear from you.
Proving Liability for a Building Collapse
Building collapse accidents include in more ways than a building literally toppling to the ground. Catastrophic injury can occur when there’s a partial cave-in, a staircase or elevator collapse, a ceiling collapse, a floor collapse, or other structural damage. Determining who is liable depends upon the nature of the building collapse, the triggering cause, and the actions of all parties involved.
Building collapse injury attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes helps injured victims recover compensation from any and all parties who may be liable for a building collapse, including but not limited to:
- Landlords and property owners. If a building collapses after construction is complete, the landlord or property owner could be to blame. Landlords may be at fault even when the collapse happens on property owned or leased by another party if the landlord knew or should have known of the hazard that led to the collapse and it occurred on a structure for which the landlord has maintenance responsibility.
- General contractors. If all or part of a building collapses due to shoddy workmanship, including the use of cheap materials, cut corners, or lack of training and oversight, the general contractor might be to blame.
- Sometimes a building collapse injury occurs even when the general contractor was acting as responsibly as can be reasonably expected. The fault may lie with a subcontractor who botched their part of the job, such as a plumber installing pipes in a faulty manner.
- Engineers and architects. If the core design or construction of the building was flawed from the start, then the building may be unsafe even if built exactly to specifications. If a building collapse occurs because of an error in the math or design of the building, the original engineers or architects involved may be to blame.
- Demolition contractors. Building demolition must follow specific rules and regulations, typically taking place over multiple phases. When demolition is handled poorly, collapse can happen early, at unexpected times, and in an uncontrolled manner, resulting in injury to anyone who happens to be nearby, including construction workers and bystanders.
If you were hurt in a building collapse, you likely have a claim for damages. Our building collapse law firm will help determine whether the collapse was caused by plumbing leaks, rust, mold, fire, defective design, improper demolition, construction errors, use of cheap materials, or any other factor. We’ll fight for your right to compensation against the party responsible for the devastation you and your family have suffered.
Call New York Personal Injury Attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes if You’ve Been Injured in a Building Collapse
If you were hurt in a building collapse on someone else’s property, get help from a seasoned lawyer with years of experience going toe-to-toe with the biggest property owners, insurance companies, and other parties. Contact NYC personal injury and premises liability lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes for a consultation on your injury case at 212-889-9362.