New York Premises Liability Attorney
Premises liability is a term that encompasses many types of personal injury claims, ranging from slip-and-fall accidents resulting in minor injuries, to chemical exposure claims that take years to develop. Fortunately, a Manhattan premises liability lawyer at the Law Firm of Leandros A. Vrionedes, P.C. has the capability to handle all manner of premises liability claims, including:
- Child lead poisoning claims
- Restaurant slip and fall claims
- Sidewalk trip-and-fall claims
- Hot water burns from defective faucets
- Negligent security
- Trips and falls caused by poorly-maintained stairs or insufficient lighting
- Accidents in defective elevators
- Parking lot accidents
- Injuries caused by exposure to chemical substances
- Electrocution injuries
- Grocery store slip-and-fall accidents
Bringing claims against New York government offices
Thousands of New York residents rely on public transportation to commute to work or school. Unfortunately, these buses, trains, and stations are not always maintained carefully, and passengers fall prey to injury accidents every day. Other public spaces can also fall victim to neglect, leaving visitors vulnerable to accidents caused by unseen hazards.
In order to get the damages they’re owed, injured accident victims must file claims against the government offices charged with maintaining these public services. Municipal liability claims, or claims against city government offices, involve special deadlines to file and complex pleading requirements. Attorneys who lack experience in municipal liability claims may not be aware of the short timeframe in which pleadings must be filed or the requirements for these pleadings that are unlike those of a typical premises liability lawsuit.
At the Law Offices of Leandros A. Vrionedes, we’ve developed the knowledge base and relationships to capably file and negotiate your claim against a city government body such as the MTA or NYCTA. We’ve successfully pursued claims on behalf of victims of accidents on public transportation or public property, and we can help you get the compensation you deserve after an injury.
Who is entitled to damages after an injury on someone else’s property in New York?
Not every injury that occurs on another owner’s property will entitle the accident victim to money damages. There are certain elements that victims and their attorneys must prove in order to have a right to compensation.
- The owner must have invited or allowed the person onto the property. If a business occupies the property where the accident happened, then the business should have been open to the public or have specifically invited the accident victim to the premises. If the accident happened at a private home, then the homeowner must have invited the victim to their home for a social visit or to conduct maintenance of the property. That said, there are occasions where trespassers will also have a right to compensation, especially if the trespasser is a child. A seasoned attorney can help you understand whether you have a premises liability claim even if you weren’t allowed to be on the property when you got hurt.
- The owner or manager had a duty to maintain the premises in a safe condition. Generally, a property owner or manager of a business has a duty to ensure that the property they own or maintain is safe for visitors, and a duty to repair any hazards that arise.
- The owner failed to maintain the premises. Owners have a duty to regularly inspect their property to ensure that there are no dangers or hazards on the property, and to either repair hazards that do arise or post a warning of hazards that visitors may not see. Both the existence of a duty and the breach of that duty must be proven in a premises liability claim.
- The injury accident was the result of the owner’s failure to maintain the premises. In order to have a valid claim for damages against the property owner, the victim’s injuries must have stemmed from an accident caused by the owner’s negligence in keeping their property safe. Preexisting injuries or, in some cases, accidents that were the result of someone else’s conduct, will not qualify the victim for compensation through a premises liability lawsuit.
The experienced help you want after a Manhattan premises liability accident
At the Law Offices of Leandros A. Vrionedes, our years of experience make us an excellent choice for claims arising out of:
For over fifteen years, the New York premises liability Law Firm of Leandros A. Vrionedes, P.C has provided legal representation and advice to individuals and their families in New York involved in premises liability cases, municipal liability cases, and lead poisoning cases. Our law firm is dedicated to providing the finest legal representation to the injured public throughout New York. We provide expert and individualized service for each of our clients’ specific needs. The cornerstone of our success is the quality of the relationships we maintain with our clients and their families. Our New York Law Firm focuses on intelligent legal representation and pledges to listen to and communicate with our clients at every turn in their case. We treat our clients with integrity and respect and seek to carry out their needs, goals and objectives through how we handle their claims.
Call Attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes for Help with Your New York Premises Liability Claim
For effective, knowledgeable, and trial-ready legal help with a New York premises liability lawsuit, contact the seasoned Manhattan premises liability lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes for a free consultation on your claim at 212-889-9362, or in Queens at 718-777-5895.