New York E-Scooter Accident Attorney
The New York electric scooter accident lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes has spent over 30 years helping injured accident victims recover compensation for the harm they have suffered. We help victims of all manner of accidents, whether they were walking the sidewalk as a pedestrian or in the street riding a bicycle, motorcycle, or e-scooter.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident involving an e-scooter in New York, we’re ready to help. We stay up to date with the most cutting-edge laws and rulings concerning new technology like e-scooters. We help scooter accident victims secure compensation for their medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. Call Leandros A. Vrionedes, P.C. today for a consultation to discuss your e-scooter injuries and find out how we can help you get the money you are owed.
Holding the Right Party Liable for E-Scooter Accidents
Electric scooter accidents can happen for any number of reasons. Although many people would immediately assume the e-scooter rider is to blame–and, to be clear, an intoxicated scooter rider can certainly hit you while you are minding your own business on the sidewalk–there are many other ways e-scooter accidents can happen.
If you were hurt while riding an electric scooter, or if you were hit by someone else while they were riding an e-scooter, you have the right to hold the proper parties liable for any damages you’ve incurred. If New York’s no-fault laws come into play, you might need to first clear the “serious injury” threshold.
Electric scooter accident attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes is ready to investigate the circumstances of your injuries and determine who may be held liable. You could have claims against one or more of the following parties, for example:
- E-scooter riders. If you were hit by a negligent scooter rider while walking on the sidewalk or driving on the road, you can hold the rider responsible for your injuries.
- Drivers. If you were hit by a negligent driver who failed to yield appropriate space as you were riding your scooter, the driver might be liable for your injuries. Distracted, drowsy, drunk, and otherwise negligent drivers can and should be held responsible for any accidents they cause.
- Negligent pedestrians. Pedestrians may have the right-of-way in many situations, but that does not absolve them of the responsibility to behave appropriately and safely. If they dart out in front of you without a traffic light, crosswalk, or other appropriate right of way, then they can be held liable should you be injured in a crash that occurs as a result.
- E-scooter manufacturers. Many e-scooter accidents are caused by defective scooters. If your scooter suddenly malfunctions by, for example, shutting off the battery or limiting your control over the handlebars, you can hold Lime, Bird, or any other relevant scooter manufacturer liable for your resulting injuries.
- Bike riders. Bicycle riders, like drivers and e-scooter riders, must follow the rules of the road. If a bike rider runs a red light or stop sign, or otherwise fails to follow appropriate road safety protocol, they can be held liable for an accident they cause.
- Property owners responsible for sidewalk maintenance. If a pedestrian tripped over a defective sidewalk and fell into your path while riding your scooter, the person or entity responsible for maintaining the sidewalk might be responsible. In many cases, sidewalk maintenance is the responsibility of the nearest property owner, but in other cases, the city or state may be held liable for a sidewalk trip and fall.
- City or state officials responsible for roadway maintenance. New York City, New York State, and relevant county authorities are responsible for keeping the roads in safe, traversable condition. If you crash because of a pothole, poor traffic control, or other roadway defects, you might have a claim against a government agency. It’s important to act quickly to preserve your rights in a claim against the government.
Call New York Personal Injury Attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes for Help After an E-Scooter Accident
If you were hurt in an e-scooter accident caused by someone else’s negligence, get help from a zealous personal injury lawyer with decades of experience going toe-to-toe with the biggest product manufacturers, rideshare providers, insurance companies, and other parties. Contact NYC e-scooter and traffic accident lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes for a free consultation on your injury case at 212-889-9362.