New York Car Accident Attorney Helping Victims of Rollover Crashes
Rollover accidents can be traumatizing, violent events. Unlike some accidents, rollover accidents are often attributable to causes other than simple inattention to the road. Due to the need to conduct in-depth, technical investigations into the reasons for a rollover crash, hiring an attorney to represent you in your claim after a rollover accident is critical. New York personal injury attorney Leandros A. Vrionedes has been representing the victims of car accidents throughout Manhattan and Queens for over 25 years. He has the technical expertise and investigative skill to ensure that you get the full compensation you’re owed after a New York rollover crash. Contact his offices today for a consultation on your claim.
What Causes Rollover Crashes?
Each year, thousands of individuals are injured in rollover crashes. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that rollover accidents are one of the most fatal forms of car or truck accident. Rollover accidents happen for many reasons, including:
- Defective vehicle design: Vehicles that have especially high centers of gravity are more likely to roll over in an accident. Certain SUVs, vans and pickup trucks are top-heavy, making them less stable
- Excessive speed: Driving at high rates of speed can force drivers to have to jerk the wheel to avoid a collision, resulting in a rollover
- Poor weather conditions: Ice, snow, and rain reduce a vehicle’s stability, making rollovers more likely
- Trips in the roadway: when a car or SUV hits what’s known as a “trip” in the roadway, such as a guardrail, curb, or median, the vehicle can become airborne or roll over, especially if it was traveling at highway speeds
- Sudden jerking: Drivers who are forced to suddenly jerk the steering wheel to avoid a person or object in the road can cause their vehicles to roll, especially if the vehicle is top-heavy, like an SUV
What Injuries are Often Associated with Rollover Crashes?
The violent nature of roll-over crashes can result in a number of serious injuries requiring thousands of dollars in medical and rehabilitation expenses, such as:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
Don’t Delay in Taking Action on Your Claims
Important time limits apply to the filing of a personal injury claim in the state of New York. If you’ve been hurt in a rollover crash, don’t wait to take action to get the compensation you need. Contact the experienced, effective, and trial-ready New York City rollover crash lawyer Leandros A. Vrionedes for a consultation on your case, in Manhattan at 212-889-9362, and in Astoria at 718-777-5895.